The error code WS-37397-9 is a very frustrating error on PS4. Because there are all the things are working but the error code PS4 Error WS-37397-9 appears on the screen.
PS4 Error WS-37397-9
The error code mostly appears on the screen when the PSN is offline or down. To check the PSN Status click here. Yesterday I face this error code when I turn on the PS4 and see in the screen PS4 Error WS-37397-9. I research everywhere and found the solution for it.
Reasons for WS-37397-9
There is not only one reason for WS-37397-9. When you’re going to play a game and there you see the error code WS-37397-9 on your screen. Only you and I are not facing this problem, there are thousands of users still facing this error code and reported about this error code PS4 WS-37397-9.
Check the reason why the error code WS-37397-9 appears on the screen?
- If the PSN status is offline or down.
- Your IP address is blocked or blacklisted.
- Internet connection problem, internet speed is very slow or your bandwidth is full or limits exceeded.
- If there is no internet access.
- If there is installed any malicious unknowingly software on your PS4.
- Your assigned IP address is previously used by a spammer or used with a virus.
- The ISP or your IP address violates the PlayStation Terms & Conditions.
Solutions for WS-37397-9
Still, waiting for the solution for WS-37397-9? Sure, I’ll provide you all the new working solutions here. Just you need to follow the below instructions step by step to fix the error code WS-37397-9.
Method 1: Checking the Status of The PlayStation Network
Make sure PSN has not banned you from accessing their services. If you are violated their terms and conditions they banned you. Also, make sure the problem is from PSN not from you. Otherwise, this method will not work for you. For example: if the PSN is online and working properly but you still face the error code WS-37397-9. There might be a problem with your IP address or problem on your device.
- You need to go here to check the PSN Status.
- Now, choose your region from the Country/ Region list.
- If you’ll see the below status the PSN status is running and it’s online and working properly.
You also see the above status on your PS4, there is a problem with your device. If the status is down you need to wait for when the PSN has come online. If the PSN status is online trying the next method to fix the error WS-37397-9.
Metho 2: Rebuilding the Database
There is some situation for rebuilding the database of PS4. There are some users who have said every month you need to rebuild the database of your PS4. But this is a very bad solution because if you’ll rebuild the database of your PS4 monthly, your PS4 will go in a comma after 10-12 months and it’ll be damaged totally. To Rebuild the Database follow below steps:
- Turn off the PlayStation 4 by pressing the power button and releasing it after you hear two beeps, indicating it is completely off.
- Boot into the Safe Mode by holding the power again for another 7 seconds.
- Connect the DualShock 4 controller via USB and press the PS button on the controller.
- Scroll down the list of options and select Rebuild Database and press the X Once the process is complete the PS4 will restart.
- Go to Settings > Network > Test Internet Connection to run the Internet connection test.
Method 3: Change DNS or Use Google DNS
If the above two methods did not work for you, definitely this method will help you. Because there are so many users facing the error code WS-37397-9 due to their default DNS is not working. Try once to change your DNS to Google DNS. To change follow the below steps:
- Go to Settings > Network > Set Up Internet Connection
- Select WiFi or LAN depending on how your PS4 is connected to your router
- Select Custom and use the following parameters:
- IP Address Settings: Automatic DHCP
- Host Name: Do Not Specify
- DNS Settings: Manual
Google DNSPrimary DNS: 126.96.36.199
Secondary DNS: 188.8.131.52
- MTU Settings: Automatic
- Proxy Server: Do Not Use
Method 4: Change IP Address
Sometimes your IP address is blocked by the PlayStation Network and you face the error code PS4 Error WS-37397-9. If your IP address is blocked by the PSN how can you release your IP address? There is a solution, you need to change your IP address manually from your device settings. To change the IP address follow the below instructions:
- Change your router or modem, when you change the router or modem easily your IP address will be changed.
- Contact your ISP to change your IP address. To change your IP address you need to contact your IPS provider and request them to change your IP address.
- If your ISP offers dynamic IPs, wait for a few days and try to reconnect.
Frequently Asked Question on How to fix PS4 Error WS-37397-9?
What does the error code WS-37397-9 mean?
The error code WS-37397-9 means you violate the terms and conditions of the PlayStation Network. And you’ve banned from access the service of PlayStation.
How do I unblock my PSN account?
Go to [Friends] > [Players Blocked]. Select the player that you want to unblock, select unblock and press (X button). Send a new Friend Request if you want to add this player to your Friend List again.
Is WS 37368 7 a permanent ban?
WS-37368-7 This account for PSN has been banned. WS-37338-4: This PS4™ console has been permanently banned from the PlayStation™Network. Access to the PlayStation™Network by this account has been banned or temporarily suspended.
Can a PS4 get a virus?
Yes, of course, if the developer is writing a virus for PS4. PS4 operating system is pretty safe for now so you don’t need to worry. Every operating system has flaws and you are never 100% safe from hackers and viruses. But the PS4 is till now safe from the virus.