The error code SU-42481-9 occurs when the user cannot able to connect or sign in their PSN account on the PS4 console. PS4 Error SU-42481-9 is very common error which frequently appears on the screen.
When this occurs you must fix this to play any game on your console. Without sign in on your PSN account you cannot play any games on the console.
PS4 Error SU-42481-9 Fixed
PS4 Error SU-42481-9 appears also when you’re downloading or updating your PS4 system software. There are so many PS4 users who don’t know how and from where they can download the PS4 system software for free? And without this knowledge they download the software from the third-party site and their PS4 console goes infected with bad updating files.
Reasons for PS4 Error SU-42481-9
Here are all the possible reasons for PS4 Error SU-42481-9. You must need to know why the error code SU-42481-9 is occurs on your PS4? After know this error means you can easily fix this error.
See the reasons:
- Corrupt Temporary Files:
On the internet everywhere is virus and they always trying to attack our system and system files. Sometimes they succeeded on it, and our system file gonna be corrupted. Sometimes we don’t turn off properly PS4 and suddenly unplug the power cable, at that time also the PS4 temporary files gonna be corrupted. And then the corrupted files are preventing PS4 to downloading and updating system software.
- Bad Updating Files:
If the updating files are corrupted the PS4 cannot able to install it. Due to corruption of update file the error SU-42481-9 is appears on the screen.
Solution for PS4 Error SU-42481-9
Here I’m writing all the possible solutions to fix the error SU-42481-9. To fix this error you must need to follow the below steps by step. Let’s start:
Method 1: Power Cycling the PS4
Power cycling the PS4 means, completely shutdown the PS4. The PS4 always generate error states for quite a long time. But all the error can be fixed easily. When you Power Cycling the PS4 it’ll be completely shutdown and making sure all the power is drained. When you do it, the PS4 console recreate all the configurations before startup.
Here are the steps to do it properly:
- Power down your PS4 device from the front of the console and turn it off normally.
- Once the console is properly shut down, unplug the power cable from the outlet.
- Now press and hold the power button on the PS4 for 30 seconds to make sure all the power is drained.
- Now wait for 4-5 minutes and let it sit idle. Later plug everything back and try running the PS4. Check if the error message went away and you can connect to the PSN network successfully.
Method 2: Update PS4 through Safe Mode
There are two methods to update PS4. One is you can easily update your PS4 to the normal mode and using another method you can update your PS4 using Safe Mode.
Sometimes power cycling method doesn’t work and you need to try the next method to fix the error SU-42481-9. You can fix this error through access PS4 to the safe mode. When we update the PS4 through the safe mode, it might take a while so make sure that you are patient and don’t cancel the process at any stage. If you’ll cancel the process in the processing time, your PS4 might be damaged and it can’t be recovered.
Here are the steps to do it:
- Press the Power Button present on the front panel of the PS4 to turn it off. The indicator will blink a few times.
- After turning off your PS4, press and hold the Power Button and keep holding it until you hear two beeps. The first beep will usually be heard when you press it initially and the second beep when you keep pressing it (for around 7 seconds).
- Now connect the PS4 controller with a USB cable and press the Play Station button present on the controller. The Play Station will now be in the safe mode.
- Select the option Update System Software and continue. Once the process is finished, restart your Play Station and check if the issue is resolved.
Frequently Asked Questions on How to Fix PS4 Error SU-42481-9?
What does PlayStation error SU-42481-9 mean?
The error code SU-42481-9 means the system software update file was not recognized or corrupted and the PS4 system and has failed to load it.
How do you fix a PlayStation 4 update error?
Follow the above steps.
What is ps4 safe mode?
Safe Mode allows you to start your PS4 system with only the most basic functions active. It’ll help you to fix the error code which cannot be fixed on normal mode.
Can I Jailbreak my PS4?
Not every PS4 can be jailbreak. It depends on which software version you have on your PS4. There is no public Jailbreak at this point for firmware 5.50 and above.