PS4 DNS Settings
Sony Entertainment is a very popular company which developed the PS4 console.
There are a lot of PS4 users and they don’t know how to change PS4 DNS Settings. They tried to change PS4 DNS Settings themself but they cannot a success on it.
Today I’ll share here how to change DNS Setting on PS4. After changing the DNS server there’ll be unblocked some sites which are blocked by your default DNS, but not all.
Cloudflare’s DNS is very good and it’s for free and also has paid version. Google provides you free DNS and it is also very good but Cloudflare DNS is better than Google DNS. But I recommend you if you want to use free DNS, then you need to use Google DNS as a preferred DNS on your PS4.
Before changing the DNS I recommend you that back up the previous DNS number for future use, in case sometime you need to revert to them at any time. To change the PS4 DNS Settings on your PS4 just follow the below steps by step:
Let’s Start to change PS4 DNS Settings
- Go to the Settings menu and on your console and select Network.
- Select the Setup Internet Connection option.
- Choose Wi-Fi or LAN depending on your preference. If you’re using Wi-Fi choose Wi-Fi and if you’re using LAN cable choose LAN from the option.
- Select the Custom set up option.
- The next steps will refer to IP address and DHCP settings if you have no preference choose the default for both.
- When DNS settings appear, choose manual.
- Enter the values for the primary and secondary DNS.
Finally, successfully change the PS4 DNS Settings. Now, your console will be using the DNS you chose rather than an automatic one or default.
Common Questions and Answers Asked on PS4 DNS Settings
- What DNS settings should I use for ps4?
From the PS4 menu, go to Settings > Network > Set Up Internet Connection > choose either Wi-Fi or LAN cable (Wired). From there, enter the Primary DNS as “188.8.131.52” and the Secondary DNS as “184.108.40.206”
- What are DNS settings?
DNS (Domain Name System) is a system that points a domain name to a physical IP address. For example, if you type www.ps7dns.com in your browser and hits enter, the DNS servers resolve it to the IP address like 220.127.116.11 where the website is hosted.
- How to check your DNS settings?
Click on Start, select Control Panel then double click on Network Connections. Right-click on the network connection in use and select Properties. Double click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Make sure “Obtain an IP address automatically” is selected. Make sure “Obtain DNS server address automatically” is selected.
- How to clear the local DNS cache in Windows?
Open Start menu. Click Run. Type cmd and press enter. In the Command Prompt type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
- What is default gateway ps4?
Your default gateway may be different depending on your router and you need to give your PS4 an IP address in that same range. If your default gateway is 192.168.1.1 your IP address should be something in the range between 192.168.1.2 – 192.168.1.199. It’ll be depending on your router.
- How do I reset my DNS settings?
Select the “Start” button, then type “cmd“. Right-click “Command Prompt“, then choose “Run as Administrator“. Type ipconfig /flushdns then press “Enter“. (be sure there is a space before the slash)
- How long does DNS propagation really take?
Name server changes usually take 24 to 48 hours to fully start working. This period, called propagation, is the projected length of time it takes for root name servers and cache records across the entire web to be updated with your website’s DNS information.