PS4 Error NW-31295-0 Fixed
This is the very frustrating error code NW-31295-0 because there is everything right but still you’re facing that your PS4 cannot connect to the Wi-Fi. However, you already check that the Wi-Fi is properly working on other devices (Phone, Laptops, Computer). And all the other devices are can easily connect with the router.
Also, when you go into Settings>Network>Set up internet connection>>use wifi>easy>[router name]>[router password] is when the error pops up, but the Wi-Fi password is correct.
Method 1: Reset the Router
If you face the error code NW-31295-0 it means your PS4 cannot connect to the internet but other devices are connected and work properly. If this error code you’re facing for the first time, there may some reasons below described:
- Maybe your router not rebooted for a long time. So, turns off it for 5 minutes and turns on then check if it works.
- Maybe the device connection number is exceeded. Disconnect all the devices and try to connect your PS4.
- Maybe the password was changed or you’re putting it wrong.
- Check the Wi-Fi password and enter it again.
- If above all the steps are not works, try to reset your router and check if it works or not.
Method 2: Updating PS4 in Safe Mode
This is the best method to fix the error NW-31295-0. Because it appears when the PS4 system software is not updated for a long time or not updated with the latest version.
You must update your PS4 in safe mode. Because this is a good idea and a safe way to fix the error PS4 Error NW-31295-0 and update the PS4 firmware to the latest version. One thing the error code NW-31295-0 appears when the PS4 firmware is not up-to-date with the latest version of the software. So, you need to update your PS4 firmware to the latest released version of PS4.
It is recommended because with the latest version of the firmware there are so many changes in the latest version of the software, like performance, security patches, added new features, etc. But you must update your PS4 when your PS4 turned on Safe Mode.
When your PS4 cannot connect to the internet you need to connect wired connection to your PS4. Because it needs to internet when updating the PS4 firmware. Most of the errors are fixed when the system is updated to the latest version of firmware.
Follow the instructions:
- Turn off your PS4 console and turn on it back in Safe Mode. You need to press a long time about 7 seconds and hold the power button, it will turn on boot in Safe Mode.
- When it turns on Safe Mode, choose the Update System Software option and click Update via Internet. If the Wi-Fi still doesn’t work then connect directly to your router with an ethernet cable.
- It takes some minutes depending on the internet speed. Because it’ll be downloading the system software via the internet. Once complete, reboot in normal mode.
When you update your PS4 system, this error code NW-31295-0 should be fixed. Because this is only one method to fix this error code.
Frequently Asked Questions on PS4 Error NW-31295-0
What does NW 31295-0 mean?
The error code NW-31295-0 means your PS4 cannot able to connect to the Wi-Fi.
What do I do if my PS4 won’t connect to the Internet?
PS4 won’t connect to the internet
First, restart both your router and PS4.
Change DNS Settings. Go to the PS4 Menu > Settings > Network > Set Up Internet Connection.
How do you reset the router?
Steps to Reset Router and Modem
Turns on the router and press the reset button at least 30 seconds. When the router and modem restart, test to see if the problem went away.
Why does my ps4 keep saying LAN cable not connected?
The error message “LAN cable not connected” almost always indicating a local problem in the connection between your PS4 and your router / modem on the lower OSI-layers. There’s nothing you can blame your ISP for cause the ISP have no impact on the connection between your PS4 and your router.
Does resetting your router change your IP?
Multiple times resetting your router, your ISP will obtain a new IP address for your router if you’re lucky.
Please comment below your error code if you’re facing other errors with your PS4. If you’re still facing the error code NW-31295-0, I recommend you contact PlayStation Customer.