Some times when you are playing the game on Playstation, you get error message CE-34878-0. The error has been caused by the corrupt application and the software installed on Playstation. Generally, crash applications and software cause this problem. It may show error simultaneously. After searching on the internet, you have come to the right place.
Troubleshooting the problem works sometimes but restarting might not help you to completely solve this problem. If simultaneously the error occurs then your console needs a service.
PS4 Error Code CE-34878-0
Error code CE-34878-0 cause mostly when you have low storage capacity. Check the directory of the game where it has been installed. PS4 error code CE-34878-0 comes when there is something wrong with the internal system of your console.
- [Solved] PS4 DNS Error NW-31253-4 Fix – 2020
- How To Do PS4 Port Forwarding – New Working Method 
For your information, these days outdated and old hard drive couldn’t meet the system requirement of PS4. You need a serious upgrade on your PS4 to run the latest games and applications without any error message CE-34878-0. Additional HDD can help you with the storage issue but the performance of the console will bring the error CE-34878-0 while playing games. Check for the best hardware specifications that meet your requirements of the Playstation.
Reasons for CE-34878-0
There are many caused by CE-34878-0. Among them, the following are the most recurring causes of the error CE-34878-0. You may be away from those issues after realizing that they are minor issues that cause a big problem. So look at them carefully, the longer you negate these minor things, the more they will corrupt your system.
- Low storage capacity: Storing games and applications on the low space drive cause the error CE-34878-0. Generally, applications and games need more space to store their temporary data, cache, and user data.
- Not upgrading software: Upgrading helps to replace the old files with the newly written file. The applications and games crash more when we have not upgraded it with the latest versions.
- Backup data: Backup files needs a place to store. So if you have backup the files in undefine path error CE-34878-0 occurs. It crashes when you try to back up the data.
- Using Additional HDD: Yes, storage plays a vital role in Playstation. When additional HDD couldn’t meet the requirements the error CE-34878-0 occurs.
Some common games causing Error Code CE-34878-0
Games that are very large in storage cause error CE-34878-0. There are many games that need big updates, Fortnite, Cod Black OPS, etc. Some games that have been mostly reported error code CE-34878-0.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
- NBA 2K19
- FIFA 19
- Red Dead Online
Make sure you have been upgraded these games before the gameplay to avoid the error CE-34878-0.
Troubleshooting the Error Code CE-34878-0
Before trying to fix the problem, you need to make sure by verifying the behavior of your console that it is exactly error CE-34878-0 is happening by which factor. Note if something happens suspiciously.
- While playing online games if this error happens then make sure your internet is properly connected.
- Most of the cases the graphic card causes the error CE-34878-0, by connecting another monitor can fix the problem.
- When the error occurs after booting the system, it means your internal HDD is corrupted. To fix just formate the internal HDD.
How to Fix PS4 Error Code CE-34878-0?
Follow the instructions when you are sure that this problem is not caused by the above problems.
- Turn off your ps4.
- Unplug the power outlet.
- Wait for 40-60 seconds.
- Plugin the power supply back.
- Let the console turn on.
Once the console boot up, check the application or game by launching it whether the error message [ CE-34878-0 ] comes or not.
Turn Off Face Recognization
If If a PS Camera is connected to the system, remove it and reboot the system, then turn off Enable Face Recognition.
- Go PlayStation 4 home screen, select Settings.
- Select User.
- Select Login Settings.
- Uncheck Enable Face Recognition.
Update System Software
Playstation’s old version firmware defects the performance of the console. To get the regular performance we need to upgrade its system software regularly. Follow these steps to upgrade the firmware of PS4.
- Go to the PlayStation home screen, select Settings.
- Choose “System Software Update” to install the latest software.
- Your PS4 will check for available updates for its system software and install any that are available. Let the console do its thing.
- After the installation is successful, restart the PS4 and check that the error occurs or not in the specific application or game.
Upgrading the specific games and applications
If the error occurs again then you should check for the update of specific applications or games. Follow these steps to update any specific applications or games in PS4.
- Go to the PlayStation Home screen.
- Highlight the game affected by this problem.
- Press the Options button on the controller.
- Highlight and select Check for update to check for game update and install the update.
After the installation of the update, launch the game and check for error comes or not.
Check PS4 Hard Drive
If you have upgraded the Hard Disk Drive (HDD) in your console, please re-install the original HDD. Some times drive failure might cause the problem. To fix the problem, reinstall the original HDD.
Factory Reset PS4
When all methods are not working then try this method. It will surely help you to fix the problem. Before starting this method make sure that you have a backup of your files. In this method, all your data will be erased.
To reset the PS4 there are many methods but we will choose the initialization method.
- From the PlayStation 4 home screen, select Settings.
- Select Initialization.
- Select Initialize PS4.
- After successfully initialization, restore your backup and try some gameplay.
FAQs on PS4 Error CE-34878-0
Follow all these steps and instructions in this article. You can fix the error CE 3487 0.
There are many causes for hard drives to fail including human error, hardware failure, firmware corruption, heat, water damage, power issues, and mishaps.
If still, you face the same error on your PS4, you need to contact PlayStation Customer Support.