The error code CE-30774-1 occurs when the PS4 firmware software update failed. This means your PS4 is not updated to the latest version. PS4 error CE-30774-1 occurs if the PS4 user trying to update the PS4 with USB storage.
If PlayStation launched the latest version of the PS4 firmware, every PS4 user needs to update their PS4 firmware software. Because on the new updated of the PS4 firmware there are so many changes and fix some bugs which previously occur on its previous version of the PS4 firmware. So, it’s very important to update the PS4 firmware to the latest version.
Table of Contents
PS4 Error CE-30774-1
Sometimes the PS4 user wants to update their PS4 firmware but the firmware software updated failed and PS4 error CE-30774-1 appears on the screen. I also face the error when I’m going to update my PS4 firmware software to the latest version.
I searched everywhere and finally, I found the solution of the PS4 Error CE-30774-1. So, I’m here to share the methods on how to fix the error CE-30774-1 on your PS4. I write here all the possible methods to fix this error code. Because of Sony there is no official solution to the error code.
The error code CE-30774-1 is the problem of PS4 could not update the system software using a USB storage device. This problem comes sometimes when the downloaded data is corrupted.
Reasons for PS4 Error CE-30774-1
Usually, if you’re trying to update your PS4 system software using a USB stick, the error CE-30774-1 can appear on the screen. Here are all the possible reasons for the PS4 error CE-30774-1:
- If the USB format is incorrect, the USB format must be on FAT or exFAT or FAT32.
- The update file name may be incorrect.
- Maybe the update file location is incorrect.
- If the update file is incorrect or not the latest version.
- The update file may be corrupted.
If you are having trouble upgrading your ps4 hard drive from 500gb to either 1 or 2TB because your ps4 can’t find the update file this solution works hope this helps.
In these types of situations, you need to download the PS4 update file and make it a bootable USB drive. For creating bootable USB drive follow the below steps:
- First Go to the PlayStation site and search the PS4 system software update.
- Click here to download the update file.
- When you download the software, the software must be in .PUP file format. If the file format is not in .PUP file format you need to re-download the file.
Solutions for the PS4 Error CE-30774-1
The error CE-30774-1 is a very frustrating error on the PS4 because there is a new version of the PS4 but you cannot able to update your PS4 to the latest version. And also you cannot able to use properly your PS4 without update the PS4 system firmware software.
Here is all the possible methods to fix the PS4 Error CE-30774-1. Just you need to follow all the steps to fix this error properly on your PS4.
Method 1: Updating Your PS4
When you update your PS4 to the latest version the error CE-30774-1 may be fixed. But if don’t want to update your PS4 you need to try the next method below. But if you want to update your PS4 follow the below instructions:
- Go to PS4 Home Screen and go to [Settings] select [System Software Update] and update your PlayStation 4.
It takes some minutes to successfully update your PS4. If your internet speed is good it takes a while or it takes a long time to update the PS4.
When you use this method to update your PS4 system software, you don’t need to use your USB stick. Because this the online updating method.
Method 2: Re-Download the Firmware
If you want to update your PS4 using a USB stick, you need to re-download the firmware. Because the previously you downloaded the firmware is corrupted. To download the latest firmware of the PS4 click here.
Before download, the firmware is sure you download the firmware from the trusted site or download it from the official site of the PlayStation.
Before download, the PS4 update file makes sure you have formatted your USB storage device to FAT or exFAT. If you don’t know how to format the USB to the FAT or exFAT follow the below instructions:
Format the USB:
- Insert the USB device into your PC or Mac.
- Right-click on the USB drive and select Format.
- You’ll see the Format dialog box where you have to select FAT or exFAT from the drop-down menu under File System.
After you successfully format the USB now follow the below instructions where you need to keep the update file correctly. If you rename the file incorrectly the PS4 error CE-30774-1 also appears on the screen. And if you keep the update file to the wrong location the error also occurs. So, first, read carefully and then do it:
- The update file name must be PS4UPDATE.PUP
- The update file must be under in this location:
- After you sure the update file name and keeps the file location is right you can try to update your PS4.
You Must Know
- You can find the PS4 system update file on many sites. But never download or install the update using data other than the official update file provided online by Sony Interactive Entertainment.
- Do not download or install updates by methods other than those described in the system documentation or on this website. If you download or install update data from a different source, by a different method, or on a system that has been altered or modified in any way, the system might not operate properly and might not be able to install the official update data. Any of these actions can void the system warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from Sony Interactive Entertainment.
- Don’t install the system software soon before or soon after a power outage.
- Never turn off the system during the software installation. If you interrupting the installation can cause the PS4 system damaged.
- If you never update your PS4 system software, you might not be able to use some applications or content.
Methods to install the software update
Method 1: Update using the Internet
If you’re going to an online update or fix the PS4 Error CE-30774-1 you need the proper Internet connection. If your slow or broken internet connection doesn’t try to update the software. Because your system will gonna be crashed.
Method 2: Update using a Disc
Yes, of course, you can update PS4 system software using a disc. For update or fix the PS4 Error CE-30774-1, you need a disc that contains the latest update file of PS4.
Method 3: Update using a Computer
Definitely you can update or fix the PS4 Error CE-30774-1 using a computer. This is the best way to fix the error CE-30774-1.
When you’re going to update or fix the PS4 error CE-30774-1 using a computer you need a USB storage device with min 500MB of free space. Also, you need to format that USB storage device to FAT or exFAT. On that USB storage create a folder named “PS4”. Inside that folder create another folder named “UPDATE”. Then copy and paste the file PS4UPDATE.PUP inside the folder to that USB storage.
Now, connect the USB storage device to your PS4 system. Then from the function screen, select the setting > System Software Update.
Sometimes PS4 cannot recognize the USB storage file. At that time please check once the folder names and file names are correct. Enter the folder names and file names in single-byte characters using uppercase letters.
FAQs on PS4 Error CE-30774-1
The error code CE-30774-1 occurs when the ps4 unable to update its firmware to the latest version. It means you need to manually update the PS4 firmware to fix this error code.
The error CE-30774-1 you need to install new system software on your PS4 with the correct file and correct location.
Yes, of course, you can update your PS4 using the only the internet without a USB stick.
If you face the error on your PS4 you need to install the firmware using USB or HDD.
If your USB is unrecognized or damaged so the PS4 is not recognized your USB. And its saying USB is not connected with the PS4.
Press and hold the power button. From the menu presented, select Restart/Reboot. Some devices, however, only have the Power Off option. If your phone has the Restart option, it should power up automatically after it goes off.
Safe Mode allows you to start your PS4 system with only the most basic functions active. The Safe Mode options are designed to help you solve issues by rebuilding the HDD database, changing the resolution of your PS4, or “hard” resetting the system to its factory settings.
The PS4 cannot find the update file on the USB because there is an error update file location. Ensure the file path is exactly [USB storage] > [PS4] > [UPDATE] — the folder names must be in capitals. The file name should be PS4UPDATE.
When PS4 boot on Safe Mode, Connect Dualshock4 controller > Press PS button > Update System Software > Update (using the internet).